Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Side-of-the-Road Beauty

This is a David Austin rose growing on the side of the road of the condos next to Pink Gardens. One of the nice "old ladies" that lived at the condos had a beautiful rose garden in front of her apartment but after she moved, the new tenant transplanted most of them to their present location, almost forgotten next to the parking lot. This one is doing just beautifully, though! David Austins are known for their inordinate amount of petals clustered tightly in the center and the most AMAZING aroma. They are the quintessential rose in every way. I kneel down and "take a whiff" every time I walk by. I've actually told some of the condo residents how wonderful they smell and some of them look at me like I have two or three heads! I just can't imagine being so busy with your life that you can't take time to smell the roses, LITERALLY!!!! : )
  • For more information on David Austin roses, click here.

3 comments:

  1. My mother always maintained rose gardens. Usually they would line the walkway on both sides leading up to the house. Taking time to smell the roses was as natural as taking a breath itself. Even today I find it hard to pass by a rose and not take a whiff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds beautiful, Annie. Roses can be a lot of work. I would have known you stopped for the roses without even telling me!

      Delete
  2. ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    SUGER IS SWEET AND SO ARE YOU.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete