Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And Now For Something Different . . .

For the past three nights, I've had a new "buddy" show up at Pink Gardens! This little frog has decided to jump up on the window closest to where I sit and just stare at me, lol. I live on the second floor, but there is a tree right on the corner of the porch roof, so I guess frogs climb trees. I think he must be attracted to the bugs that congregate outside this window because of the lights inside. I just wonder why after so many years living here, I've never had this happen before! At first it sounds like a suitor is throwing a pebble at my window, but no such luck, lol. It's just this happy-go-lucky frog looking for a night-time snack!

His coloring is so distinctive, as is the texture of his skin. I'm fascinated by the way his "fingers" act like suction cups, too, clinging to the smooth glass of the window. You just never know who's going to show up at Pink Gardens!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I think he's something magical. An old friend, come to visit. Enjoy him!
    xox
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAST NIGHT I WAS AWAKEN BY THE A FROG LETTING ME KNOW THAT HE WANTED TO COME INTO THE BEDROOM LIKE A COUPLE OF HIS OR HER COUSINS DID A MONTH AGO TWICE. THIS ONE WAS BETWEEN TWO WINDOWS. I HAVE AN A/C UNIT IN MY WINDOW SO I CAN HAVE IT COLD AT NIGHT. HE WAS BETWEEN THE WINDOW THAT WAS PUSH UP SO WE COULD PUT THE A/C IN THIS MORNING HE WAS GONE. I'M HOPING HE DIDN'T GET IN THE HOUSE. I NEVER COULD FIGURE OUT HOW THE OTHERS GOT IN BUT IT SURE WAS FUN TRYING TO CATCH THE LITTLE STINKERS..

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete